Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problems Aligning Part to CAD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:43 am 
New User
New User

Hello,

I'm fairly new with PowerINSPECT and I'm just starting to discover the software together with a probing device. But I'm running into a problem getting my physical part aligned with my CAD. Somehow I can't get my physical groundplane aligned with the right surface on the CAD. I have some screenshots to make some things more clear

Could someone point me in the right way, because it doesn't make sense to me. All you do is say "this plane on CAD is this plane in the real world", right?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Problems Aligning Part to CAD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:34 am 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

If you're automatically using feature nominals in your PLP alignment, how comes the PLP says Y- and the Groundplane itself is J=1? When working with CAD, then always use the wireframe checker in order to create the primitive geometry like plane, line, circle, and so on, and never change those nominals - except if you have a good reason, e.g. you can't probe the Groundplane directly, but have to probe the table on which it is placed, instead.

One issue using PLP is, the height of the point is always considered being the height of the plane. This means, if your circle is not lying on the Groundplane, then you need to either project it onto the Groundplane, or offset the Groundplane into the circle, in order to get both plane and circle to the same height (Y), which is used by the PLP.

Peter

Intel i7-4810MQ
NVidia Quadro K3100M (4 GB)
RAM 32 GB
SSD 256 GB (840 Pro)
Windows 10 Pro (X64)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]