Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with writing an expression or a customized cycle
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:01 pm 
New User
New User

Well, I wanna customize a .pmoptz file to have a special drilling strategy. The purpose is that tool to be paused at hole buttom (M0), spindle to be turned off (M5), the tool retracts to the hole top with rapid move (G0 Z0.5 (Block Z max = 0) andthe spindle to be turned on (M3) and the same process for the next hole.

G0 X... Y... (Hole center coordinates)
Z0.5
G1 Z-50. F40 (Hole depth)
M0
M5
M0
G0 Z0.5
M3

X... Y... (Second hole center coordinates)
Z0.5

Is it possible to define a customized cycle for this? If not, what function or expression do I have to write in post file to achieve it? (I think I must define a user parameter and link it to an expression so that when "drilling cycle output" option in NC program is off, then it uses this user parameter unless it uses the normal cycle. but don't know how to translate its expression).

Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Help with writing an expression or a customized cycle
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:54 pm 
DELCAM Guru
DELCAM Guru

This should be easily done in any cycle you want but using the "Cycle 1" would make the most sense, since it is there for any special style situations. You would just configure the command the way you want just like any other command, and of course tell Post Processor that it is a supported command.

Post subject: Re: Help with writing an expression or a customized cycle
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:48 pm 
New User
New User

Sorry for my late response. And I'm really glad that you are here in this topic, Mike, one of the most experienced and knowlegeable members of the forum.
I tried to configure the post as you said but had no acceptable output. Please may you help me out? Maybe with a sample option file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]