Site Logo
Site Logo

It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Crispin and Windows 7 Home Premium problems?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:53 pm 
New User
New User

I've downloaded Crispin and have the latest version of PowerShape-e on my system. My system is 64 bit that came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1 installed. I can work within Crispin fine, but am not able to access the voucher system.

I've tried to access the voucher system through "manage vouchers" on both programs. Crispin gives me the error that it cannot connect to the internet, and that I should check my internet settings. When I first tried to access the voucher system through PowerShape, I got a database error. After reviewing the database path, I realized the proper directory hadn't been created and I changed all the settings for folders to be read/write enabled instead of read only. This solved the database error, and now both programs give me the same internet error.

I've turned off my firewall and changed my internet settings to allow for all types of SSL connections, etc. I've changed all internet settings to be the most permissive but the error remains.

I know that the recommended os for Crispin is Windows 7 Pro, so I'm wondering if there is a dll or something missing from the home version that is stopping me from accessing the internet from within the apps. Microsoft wants for force me to upgrade to Windows8 at this point, which I don't really want to do. I can buy a version of the windows 7 upgrade to pro, but I'd like to be sure it will fix my problem before I spend the money.

Is this a known issue with Windows 7 home edition? or is there a setting I could possibly be missing?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Crispin and Windows 7 Home Premium problems?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:08 pm 
New User
New User

Ok, here's an update. I've made progress getting the voucher system to work under Home Premium. It seems that in home premium, a user who is also an administrator doesn't necessarily have the same privileges as in Windows 7 pro. So, I had to manually change the UAC in Windows Home plus a few hidden settings to give myself "admin" rights. Then I re-installed the software (both Crispin and Exchange) as administrator, clicked on "run as administrator" when I ran both Shoemaker-e and Exchange.

I still couldn't export from Shoemaker-e, so I went into Exchange and imported a random stl and clicked on export which kicked off the wizard which finally alerted me to the problem...the vdb file was corrupt. But at least here I had the option of creating a new one with a new email address and continuing, which I couldn't do before. That seems to have been the fix that I was missing.

Then when I went back into Shoemaker-e, the software was working as intended and I could use the voucher system.

My guess would be the corrupt vdb file was the real problem and the admin issues were a secondary issues, unless the admin rights somehow caused the vdb file to become corrupt. I don't know.

Anyway, it's good to have it working and I'm so happy to be able to use the voucher system.
-M

Post subject: Crispin and Windows 7 Home Premium problems
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 pm 
New User
New User

Why do you want to upgrade?
Update your Win 7 Home Premium regularly, It will never create any problem.
If you still want to upgrade then you have no other choice than to buy a new Win 7 Ultimate version for your pc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]